Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yes, I made a bird nest

I was trying to think of an alternative to a ring pillow for Noel to carry down the aisle. I had seen a few cute ideas including a bird nest, so I decided to make one. I still have to put some fake moss or a piece of fabric in it to set the "rings" on, but the nest is done!



Just a whole lot of wrapping wire around itself...

People often also use this idea as a cake topper, which is cute:


My mom actually sewed me two little birds that I wanted to use as cake toppers - there is a free pattern online, but I printed it at maybe 70% so the birds would be smaller. You can find the pattern here :)

I'll post pictures of those when I can take some decent ones.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Just wondering what materials you used to make the next, I love it and want to make some for a baby shower. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually just a roll of wire that already looked like this - I didn't have to add any cover to it. I believe it was in the same aisle as the fake moss and all that kind of stuff

      Delete